Do you work at home in your own home business? You need to have the mindset of being a work from home business owner/ You must work hard everyday to be a successful work from home business. Here are my Top 5 tips to work hard everyday and become a successful work from home business owner.
5 Tips For Successful Work From Home Business Owners:
1. You are responsible. Work out what your work responsibilities are at night and what your work responsibilities are during the day. Think about your work responsibilities when you first get up. What does this include and what is it not including? During the day, do the same thing over again until you’ve worked it out. Keep adding to this until you are able to include everything that needs done. This may take a little while to do but it will save a lot of time in the long run. The more you are doing this the less you will have to worry about the tasks. You will be more relaxed and therefore more effective.
2. Take turns with your partner if you have one. This means that one of you will be working on your business and the other will be relaxing. We know that you love to work when you are excited and need to rest when you are not excited and need to work, but this may mean that you have to give up one of your activities. The key here is to rest when you are not working and work when you are excited. It is as simple as that. Your partner will get used to working and rest when they are not working as they see that you are constantly working and rest when you are not working. Do this for 6 months and you will find that you are a work from home business owner that works during the day and relaxes during the night. This works well for us because we are very tired during the day and very energetic at night. Do this for 6 months and you will be an effective and relaxed work from home business owner.
3. Avoid distractions. When you have a lot of things to do, you may well find yourself distracted. The key here is to make sure that you do not interrupt the work that you have to do. We have found that it works best if you have an alarm that goes off when you have 15 minutes of work, 30 minutes of work and an alarm that goes off when you have 1 hour of work. Do this for 30 days and you will have no more interruptions.
4. Take breaks. We know that you love to relax, but when you work like that, you will need some breaks. There is research that has shown that people who take breaks every half hour tend to do better than people who take only one hour breaks. You should try to take breaks every 90 minutes. You will find that you have more free time after this. Also, have a list of activities that you need to complete that day and prioritise what needs to be done first.
5. Delegate and outsource. Have you been thinking that your business is too big and you just can’t do everything yourself? You are probably right, but there is a way that you can move things around and save yourself some time. Consider the services of virtual assistants, outsourcing of your work to freelancers, etc.
6. Don’t multitask. Sometimes you will need to multitask, but we have found that you may miss important information. Try to concentrate on one activity and focus fully on it and avoid switching off from any other activity. You will find that you will have more free time for other projects.
You can see that you will find yourself with more free time after implementing these 6 strategies. This will help you to be able to accomplish many tasks that you previously thought were impossibly hard.
You have more time for other things that you have been thinking you would not have enough time for. You have taken action and learned to get things done. You have prioritized what is important and you have prioritized what can be put off until the next day.
A Few Final Thoughts: What Do You Do When You Can’t Get Enough Of Time?
1. You can start on your goals immediately. We have seen that if you apply the strategies from this article you will have more free time for other tasks and this means you will have more time for other goals. You can apply these principles in your life any time. If you notice that you are going to be busy on a task for a long time, you can make a plan to finish the task quickly and delegate it to others.
2. These principles work regardless of the skills that you have. You just need to make the decision and decide what task will give you the most free time and what task will give you the most free time.
3. There are other methods that you can use to accomplish your goals. You just need to decide on a strategy and then choose the most suitable method.
4. These principles work regardless of whether your goals are short term or long term. You just need to decide on a strategy that will give you the most free time in the present and use your time on tasks that will give you the most free time in the future.
Related Video: What To Do If You Don’t Have Enough Time to Get Everything Done